The Benefits of Universal Design
There are many benefits to barrier free business, here are just a few...
- Increased number of potential customers.
- Improved ability to retain loyal customers over longer periods of time.
- New target market possibilities.
- More customers = more sales.
- Removal of literacy and language barriers.
- Proven social responsibility to both national and international markets.
- Increased community involvement.
- Decreased complaints to address.
- Improved overall organisation performance.
Who Benefits Most?
Everybody benefits from a barrier free business, but the people below benefit most.
- Hearing impaired people.
- Visually impaired people.
- Wheelchair users.
- People with literacy or language difficulties.
- Elderly people.
- Families with young children.
- Mobility impaired people.
- Family members or friends of all these people!